Thursday, December 16, 2010

Week 10 EOC Robert Kearns vs. Erin Brokovich

Robert Kearns vs. Erin Brokovich

I think the movie with Robert Kearns was a bit more intense than the Erin Brokovich. I think the Robert Kearns story was a little bit easier to relate too. I believe you can connect with the character because we have all been in impossible situations where someone has done us wrong. We all have situations where we knew we were 100 percent right but no one seemed to care. I think I can relate to being in a position where there was no way out, and in the end, I wasn't better off than i was in the beginning. I am happy that in the end he got what he was after. He won 1o million dollars, but most importantly, by finding GM guilty it proved that he was telling the truth all along. I think that they admitted their guilt when they offered him 30 million dollars. I believe that the every company should have to pay him for using his technology in their cars. My favorite part about the case is that he represented himself in the final trial and he was successful. The Erin Brokovich story was inspirational because it shows that you can be successful in a tough situation. I think that the case was also intense because the company involved in the case actually got people seriously ill. The fact that they were trying to keep the contaminated water under wraps meant that they were willing to continue letting them drink the infected water. It says a lot about a company when they are willing to let someone get sick and potentially die. They also placed the rest of the family in danger by not reporting the contaminated water. They were both interesting cases but I was more interested with the Robert Kearns story because there were less lawyers involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment