Thursday, December 16, 2010

My Opinion

My Own Opinions
I was very surprised to hear how simple intellectual property law are compared to other types of law. For the most part there is no black and gray, and no loop holes. All the intellectual property laws are in place to protect the art and right of artists. All laws are made to protect an individual but with intellectual property law there is a smaller margin for interpretation. I had such a hard time finding the right lawyer, but in the end i got the answers I was looking for. I did agree with the answers that Neil Friedman gave me. I think intellectual property laws were written correctly. There are laws here in America where some groups might agree or disagree but intellectual property laws are supported by any person trying to protect their creations. In my opinion the continued use of your mark is a great way to establish rights to your intellectual property. "A mark that is continuously used for five years after placing them on the federal Principle Registrar may qualify as "incontestable". That means that the mark may no longer be challenged by another on the ground that it is too weak to warrant legal protection" (Nolo Pg. 405).
One thing that that an intellectual property creator must keep an eye for is counterfeiters. "Counterfeit is the act of making or selling lookalike goods or services bearing fake trademarks, for example, a business deliberately duplicating the Adidas trademark on shoes" (Nolo Pg. 405). Stay informed and always protect your intellectual property.

No comments:

Post a Comment