Thursday, November 4, 2010

Death Race Jeapordy

Today playing death race jeopardy has been a new and interesting experience. At first I found it to be a little difficult because I had to search through huge section of definitions. After a few rounds of getting to know my first team I started to get more familiar with the book and definitions. I actually started to contribute heavily to the team’s answers because the game made it much easier to remember such complex names, definitions, acronyms, and tittles. My team was lucky enough to win two rounds earlier in the day. It was fun because it allowed me to meet new students and interact in a team oriented manner. It also made it interesting when we started dividing and switching teams which allow good players to move to other teams. Dividing the teams also made it difficult because good players like to gather in a single group so they are more likely to win. It was very difficult to try to compete with a group that has a better understanding of the definitions and their placement in the book. My favorite part of the entire activity is that it allowed us to learn because definitions are being repeated so they are more likely to be remembered. It made learning fun and exciting. Every question is another chance to jump up and try to outplay the other teams. Some strategizing also came into play when trying to keep the other teams from seeing the answers. I learned that misusing a patent can lead to losing the right to owning an invention. One thing that I found very interesting about a patent law is that if you don’t consistently protect your patent, you can lose it to public domain. My favorite thing about the patent application process is that as soon as you submit your patent application you can claim “Patent Pending”.

No comments:

Post a Comment